Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hand/Hands

Upon men for blessings- Psalms 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

Upon men for Chastisement- Psalms 32:4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

Mighty (Power) Psalms 89:13 Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand. Psalms 98:1 O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

In consecration of offerings- Leviticus 1:4 And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

In ordination- Acts 6:6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

In Blessings- Mark 10:16-And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

In healing- Acts 28:8 And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.

Lifting up hands- Psalms 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. Psalms 28:2 Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.

Hands washed ( In token of innocence) Deuteronomy 21:6 And all the elders of that city, that are next unto the slain man, shall wash their hands over the heifer that is beheaded in the valley:
Psalms 26:6 I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD
Psalms 73:13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency
Matthew 27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I HAVE A HALLOWEEN TREAT FOR YOU ON MY BLOG IF YOU WISH TO PICK IT UP....it's on my Tuesday issue. Scroll down.

Robocop said...

Thanks for sharing those scriptures with us.